Wednesday, May 15, 2013

The World Needs More People Like Her

           Being a constant broke college kid with a shopping problem means I will certainly do anything in order to not spend uneccessary money. One of the ways I save is by going home to Staten Island to do my laundry. So I travel two hours with dirty clothes via train to boat and boat (or ferry) to bus and then vice versa in order to get back into city.
            On my voyage back to the city, as I was waiting for the bus to take me to the boat, I met a really funny woman. She herself was not funny but her personality towards people really worked for her. Meaning, she wasn’t afraid to ask questions or help out an old lady who needed a seat because she had a lot of bags. She managed to be open and non judgemental all while waiting for the bus.  
 

           After my encounter with this woman I realized that more people should act like this towards strangers and stop being so damn stuck up all the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment