Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Strawberry Fest Friends!

As you all know, yesterday was Strawberry Fest at Marymount Manhattan. I definitely went a little crazy for any of you who saw me there dancing queen. Through my manic participation in all the activities presented, I met a few people. One of them who I met, Keira, was probably the best. She's the one on the right, I'm obviously in the middle, and another friend of mine Liane is on the left.

Keira was a one of a kind gal. She had a sense of humor to bring any person to their knees with laughter, and she was also a personable and charming person to be around. These aren't exactly hard traits to come by with people, but Keira had a certain special quality to her. She also had just come out of the closet at a lesbian and was dealing with the emotional strain that went with that and in telling her family and friends from home so in that regard I had a connection with her. The only reason I know this is because she had a phone call with her mom during the celebration that didn't go so smoothly and Liane and I consoled her through it.

I've met a lot of people throughout this semester that I've blogged about, but there was something indescribable about Keira that I simply can't get out of my head which is why I chose to blog about her. If you happen to see her in MMC, be sure to stop by and give her a friendly hello.

1 comment:

  1. There was definitely something in the air yesterday at strawberry fest. Perhaps it was the amazing weather, perhaps the happy people, or perhaps the free food and swag. I literally devoured 2 hotdogs within 5 minutes. What can I say, I have an affinity for foods which are free. It's times like those that I am thankful for being a part of the MMC community. If I see this "Keira" I will most definitely say "hello"

    ReplyDelete